20220913

5094 The babylonian temptation

I have always wanted 
To crown your head 
With lights from the spectrum 
Of my rainbow, 
Bathe your body 
With the foam 
Of the northern lights 
Of my kisses, 
Anoint your forehead 
As with the oil of kings, 
Decorate your steps 
With pearly shells 
And white pearls, 
Hang on your neck 
My garlands of pink roses.

But I feel every time I look at you, 
That your chest beats 
In a different direction than my desires. 
My tears run upstream, 
To the antipodes of my faith, 
To the opposite side of my love.

The east and the west
Are far away, 
As far are the steps 
That bring you closer to my dreams.

And i don't know how much more 
My body will be able to resist, 
The Babylonian temptation 
Of wanting to sit 
In your company, 
At the edge of the river 
And simply watch 
The current go by.

No hay comentarios.: