20220727

4923 I do not owe anything

With the dowry you give me 
In exchange for my total love, 
I no longer owe anything to tears.

Nor do I owe anything 
To the voracious tooth 
Of rigged sadness 
That enters through my window 
When you walk out 
The door of my house.

I owe nothing 
To the contained gluttony 
Of the hungry lie 
That sits 
At my right hand 
On the table in my living room.

I owe nothing 
To the avid pain 
Of seeing my desolate heart 
Smothered in a fist 
Being shrunken 
By disappointment.

I owe nothing to absence, 
I owe nothing to abandonment.

Nor do I owe anything 
To the quick forgetting 
Of the urgencies declared 
In the field of my body, 
When the light of summer 
Is the clearest.

I owe nothing to the disguise, 
To the pretense, 
To the simulation, 
Nor to the deceit, 
Nor to the subterfuge. 
I must have lived these 
In your spectacle 
Of your flowers of fire, 
Your fireworks 
And Bengal lights.

I owe nothing to self-control, 
To the moderation, 
To the eagerness of wait
For your ray of light, 
Like in the tarot, 
To hit my watchtowers.

With the dowry you give me 
In exchange for my total love, 
I owe nothing to ruin, 
Nor fear, 
Or glimpsed death.

No hay comentarios.: